Good Morning, and Happy Sunday! This week’s YouTube video comes from Aveda. I cannot believe that it’s almost the end of 2013! It’s always a great time for reflection to see what you’ve done in a year, or what you … Continue reading
Based on all of my Sunday Tutorials, I’m sure you can see that I have an unconditional love for makeup. Just as our wardrobe transitions from light fabrics to heavier knits, so does our makeup. Changing our blush from a … Continue reading
Good Morning everyone! This week has flown by, and I cannot believe that it’s Friday already! In Wisconsin, it also feels like the change of the season has flown into high gear and taken us from 70 degree weather to 50 degree weather. Autumn is one of the best times to live in the Midwest because you get to experience a sensory overload–your eyes get to take in all of the magnificent colors, you can breathe in the crisp air, you get to feel the chill of the breeze but feel the sun warming your face–it is by far my favorite season. This week, I’d like to dedicate all of my Friday Favorites to fall.
1) Favorite Fall Makeup Look
2) Favorite Fall Photo
3) Favorite Fall Beverage–Caribou Coffee “Apple Blast” (Carmel Apple Cider)
Good morning everyone! I wanted to take a moment to show some of the products that I am currently loving. My goal is to turn this into a monthly post because there are so many wonderful products out there that I’d love to share. With winter rapidly approaching here in the Midwest, you’ll see that many of my faves have to do with combating dryness. Here they are! Enjoy!
1. Benefit Cosmetics “They’re Real” Mascara ($23)–This is my new favorite mascara. I have very sensitive eyes, so I typically always purchase my mascara from a makeup counter or store rather than using a drug store brand. With this mascara, it honestly looks like the picture that they have on their box. The first day that I wore it, one of my classmates actually asked if I was wearing false lashes that day. This is a must have for anyone, but especially if you love your lashes to be full and lengthened without looking spidery or clumpy.
2. Aveda Beautifying Compsition ($21)–This is something that everyone absolutely needs. It is an oil that can be used for your nails, skin, and scalp. I use this bad boy as my moisturizer during the winter time, but I also love it as a pre-cleanse before I wash my face at night (it dissolves your makeup and cushions your skin), or as a scalp treatment or hair treatment whenever I’m feeling too dry. Beautifying Composition saves me every time I go on a beach vacation–it deeply moisturizes any sunburn to prevent peeling. There really aren’t enough good things to say about this product–I adore it!
3. Smashbox Bronze Lights in Sunkissed Matte ($29)–bronzer out at a friend’s house and fell in love with it! I love that it seems to have more yellow in it rather than orange so it truly does look like a natural sun-kissed glow. I also love that it is matte. Shimmery bronzer is great for the summer time when looking dewy and shimmery is in, but when you want to contour or just add a little warmth to your complexion, than this product is the way to go.
4. LUSH Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask ($6.95)–This mask is a skin saver! It has Lavender to help to soothe the skin, Tea Tree to help cleanse any impurities, and crushed Almonds to help and exfoliate the skin. I love this because I have sensitive skin, but I also have some issues with blemishes. This mask smells wonderful, used all natural ingredients, and it makes my skin more radiant. I love their fresh masks, and I would encourage anyone to go check out their stores and see what they have for them.
5. Mason Pearson Brush ($120)–This brush is definitely an investment piece because of its price tag, but I’ll tell you that once you do, you’ll never regret it. Mason Pearson brushes are boar bristle brushes so they help to stimulate the scalp and distribute natural oils throughout your hair to give you amazing shine and smoothness. This is my favorite brush to use when combing out hair that I have just curled with a curling iron–it gives beautiful beach waves. I also use this brush for blowdrying my fringe–it does all the work for me so I never have to use a flat iron. The quality is fantastic, and if you take good care of it, I doubt that you’d ever have to buy another brush again.