Good Morning, and Happy Sunday! This week’s YouTube video comes from Aveda. I cannot believe that it’s almost the end of 2013! It’s always a great time for reflection to see what you’ve done in a year, or what you … Continue reading
Good Morning, Beauties! We are almost through all of the Halloween Tutorials–can you believe it? Clearly, I cannot. I know that not everyone wants to look scary or have extremely decked-out makeup for Halloween, so I wanted to share a … Continue reading
Happy Sunday, beauties! This week’s video comes from Emma Pickles. Her channel is filled with everything from costume makeup to product reviews. I stumbled across this Pop Art video and fell in love! This look would be perfect if you … Continue reading
Good morning, Beauties! Can you believe that it is October already?! I know that it’s cliche to say, but I honestly have no idea where September went…or summer for that matter. As the leaves are falling, and the temperature begins … Continue reading
In Wisconsin, autumn weather is just as unpredictable as any other time of the year. One day it’s nearing eighty degrees and the next day it drops to the low sixties. One thing is for certain: autumn weather means lots … Continue reading
Based on all of my Sunday Tutorials, I’m sure you can see that I have an unconditional love for makeup. Just as our wardrobe transitions from light fabrics to heavier knits, so does our makeup. Changing our blush from a … Continue reading
One of the best things that could’ve happened to hair in fashion is the trend of simplicity. Rather than seeing complicated updo’s fill the runways and pages of our favorite magazines, we see a more undone version that is perfect … Continue reading
I am a sucker for nail polish, and my collection most likely exceeds 300. Nails are probably the most forgotten accessory which is so silly because they can make such a bold statement. What else can you change so frequently … Continue reading
Don’t get me wrong, I love summer just as much as the next person. There is nothing like laying on a pool floaty with the sirens of cicadas filling the air and the sun drenching your skin with warmth. That being said, autumn is right around the corner and today’s brisk 65 degree weather reminded me of its glory.
For me, fall is my favorite. Though it leaves almost as quickly as it arrived, it brings the most beautiful colors, the most comfortable temperatures, and the most fabulous fashion…in my opinion. So these are the top things I’m looking forward to:
1) Dark Nails: Not saying you can’t wear them year round, but autumn and winter really allows us to embrace the beautiful, deep tones like navy, oxblood, and eggplant. Dark nails display sophistication and chic-ness.
2) Boots: Especially booties! Whether you wear yours with tights, knee highs, denim, or bare-legged, boots can change the feel of your outfit. One minute you’re wearing them with a floral dress and tights, the next you’re rocking a super edgy evening look. One pair can work with everything.
3) Tights: Tights make everyone’s legs look fabulous. I love everything from opaque black tights to lace-like patterned tights. Increase the longevity of your summer wardrobe by incorporating tights!
4) Scarves: My all-time favorite accessory. I love lighter options for summer, but I love cozy scarves even more. Scarves are an easy way to change up your look. Try a bright color against your black peacoat, or try a patterned scarf with your favorite cardigan. Scarves are the definition of cozy.
There you have it! While I’ll be taking in every last second that summer has to offer, I’ll continue to count down the days until tepid temperatures become reality.
Good Morning everyone! This week has flown by, and I cannot believe that it’s Friday already! In Wisconsin, it also feels like the change of the season has flown into high gear and taken us from 70 degree weather to 50 degree weather. Autumn is one of the best times to live in the Midwest because you get to experience a sensory overload–your eyes get to take in all of the magnificent colors, you can breathe in the crisp air, you get to feel the chill of the breeze but feel the sun warming your face–it is by far my favorite season. This week, I’d like to dedicate all of my Friday Favorites to fall.
1) Favorite Fall Makeup Look
2) Favorite Fall Photo
3) Favorite Fall Beverage–Caribou Coffee “Apple Blast” (Carmel Apple Cider)