Good Morning, and Happy Sunday! This week’s YouTube video comes from Aveda. I cannot believe that it’s almost the end of 2013! It’s always a great time for reflection to see what you’ve done in a year, or what you … Continue reading
Good Morning! Happy Sunday everyone! This week’s YouTube tutorial comes from Aveda! I promise that I’m not getting paid to promote Aveda, haha. Because I went to an Aveda Institute and have worked with Aveda for three+ years prior to … Continue reading
I love when people make empties videos or blog posts because it shows what people are actually using. I have plenty of different eye shadows, but if there’s one that is empty, you can bet that I’ve really enjoyed using … Continue reading
Deep conditioners are something I like to do for myself at least once a week. For me, I like to do this the day that I plan on being in the shower the longest and will usually pair my deep … Continue reading
It finally happened…14 months later, and I am a graduate of the Cosmetology Program at the Institute of Beauty and Wellness. There aren’t even words to express my gratitude to everyone in my life, but I made a video that summarizes the last year of my life. Definitely the best decision I have made.
Good Morning everyone! This week has flown by, and I cannot believe that it’s Friday already! In Wisconsin, it also feels like the change of the season has flown into high gear and taken us from 70 degree weather to 50 degree weather. Autumn is one of the best times to live in the Midwest because you get to experience a sensory overload–your eyes get to take in all of the magnificent colors, you can breathe in the crisp air, you get to feel the chill of the breeze but feel the sun warming your face–it is by far my favorite season. This week, I’d like to dedicate all of my Friday Favorites to fall.
1) Favorite Fall Makeup Look
2) Favorite Fall Photo
3) Favorite Fall Beverage–Caribou Coffee “Apple Blast” (Carmel Apple Cider)
Good Morning! Happy Sunday, everyone! This week’s video comes from, drum roll please, AVEDA! Yet again, I cannot get over their high quality tutorials, and I feel like they do a really fantastic job of making all their videos consumer friendly. This video focuses on three ways to create volume using their brand new product–Pure Abundance Style Prep ($24). I love this product because of it’s versatility. This product works by plumping every strand so that your hair will feel so much fuller. It also has a medium hold which allows your hair to maintain that volume all day. Another bonus about this product is that it can be used like a dry shampoo to revive your look. I use this constantly on my fringe when they start to feel a little too dirty, but the rest of my hair feels fine. You just spritz it in, re-blowdry, and go! For anyone that does up-do’s–this is a must have in your kit for those with slippery locks. It gives the perfect amount of grip without weighing everything down with loads of product. Enjoy!
Good morning everyone! I wanted to take a moment to show some of the products that I am currently loving. My goal is to turn this into a monthly post because there are so many wonderful products out there that I’d love to share. With winter rapidly approaching here in the Midwest, you’ll see that many of my faves have to do with combating dryness. Here they are! Enjoy!
1. Benefit Cosmetics “They’re Real” Mascara ($23)–This is my new favorite mascara. I have very sensitive eyes, so I typically always purchase my mascara from a makeup counter or store rather than using a drug store brand. With this mascara, it honestly looks like the picture that they have on their box. The first day that I wore it, one of my classmates actually asked if I was wearing false lashes that day. This is a must have for anyone, but especially if you love your lashes to be full and lengthened without looking spidery or clumpy.
2. Aveda Beautifying Compsition ($21)–This is something that everyone absolutely needs. It is an oil that can be used for your nails, skin, and scalp. I use this bad boy as my moisturizer during the winter time, but I also love it as a pre-cleanse before I wash my face at night (it dissolves your makeup and cushions your skin), or as a scalp treatment or hair treatment whenever I’m feeling too dry. Beautifying Composition saves me every time I go on a beach vacation–it deeply moisturizes any sunburn to prevent peeling. There really aren’t enough good things to say about this product–I adore it!
3. Smashbox Bronze Lights in Sunkissed Matte ($29)–bronzer out at a friend’s house and fell in love with it! I love that it seems to have more yellow in it rather than orange so it truly does look like a natural sun-kissed glow. I also love that it is matte. Shimmery bronzer is great for the summer time when looking dewy and shimmery is in, but when you want to contour or just add a little warmth to your complexion, than this product is the way to go.
4. LUSH Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask ($6.95)–This mask is a skin saver! It has Lavender to help to soothe the skin, Tea Tree to help cleanse any impurities, and crushed Almonds to help and exfoliate the skin. I love this because I have sensitive skin, but I also have some issues with blemishes. This mask smells wonderful, used all natural ingredients, and it makes my skin more radiant. I love their fresh masks, and I would encourage anyone to go check out their stores and see what they have for them.
5. Mason Pearson Brush ($120)–This brush is definitely an investment piece because of its price tag, but I’ll tell you that once you do, you’ll never regret it. Mason Pearson brushes are boar bristle brushes so they help to stimulate the scalp and distribute natural oils throughout your hair to give you amazing shine and smoothness. This is my favorite brush to use when combing out hair that I have just curled with a curling iron–it gives beautiful beach waves. I also use this brush for blowdrying my fringe–it does all the work for me so I never have to use a flat iron. The quality is fantastic, and if you take good care of it, I doubt that you’d ever have to buy another brush again.
As I had mentioned in a previous post, orange is a huge color that we are seeing everywhere for spring and summer. I had mentioned that coral and neon orange lips are in for makeup, but orange is also a hit in the hair department! I know, I know–hearing the words “orange” and “hair” together may send some people running, but having an orange hue doesn’t mean that you’re going to look like you literally have an orange sitting on your head–unless, of course, that’s the look you’re going for! Orange can range anywhere from true orange to coppers to peaches–just something that adds warmth. There are a variety of ways to incorporate some punch into your current ‘do–it all depends on how bold you want to go. Below are some options to help spice up your look this season:
As you can see, there truly are options for everyone. When caring for such a vibrant color like these oranges, you’ll want to pay special attention to the shampoos and conditioners you’re using. Vibrant colors of any type will need to be treated with care meaning you’ll need to use a color safe shampoo and conditioner. It’s also important to not over-wash your hair because that will lead to fadeage. Try substituting a dry shampoo at least every other day instead of washing with water. If you do need to shampoo everyday, use cool water (as cool as you can tolerate). Also try to use a color protecting product like Aveda’s Color Conserve Daily Color Protect. That product will keep your hair looking vibrant for weeks if you use the whole line–which I am a huge fan of–has an amazing aroma!
If you’re still feeling hesitant about a new color, talk to your hairdresser and get their opinion. But between you and me, don’t be afraid of change. With something like hair color, if you don’t like it, you can go back to whatever you were rocking before. Just have fun with it–I’m sure that you will look fabulous.