Oh. My. Goodness. There are SO many beauty sample subscriptions available these days. I have been wanting to try some out for so long, but it is such a challenge to narrow down what program is going to be best for you. Because of this, I’ve taken the liberty of doing some research on some different subscriptions available. All of these are beauty box subscriptions, though there are so many others from beer of the month subscriptions, to high-end pet products, to healthy choice boxes and many, many more. What a wonderful idea–who wouldn’t love to receive a box of goodies every month? Which box do you think you’d subscribe to? Do you know of any that aren’t on this list? XOXO
1) Birchbox: Probably one of the most well-known monthly beauty boxes as well as one of the most cost effective. The Scoop: Each month you’ll receive a selection of samples ranging from name brand to emerging brands. The women’s subscription includes everything from skincare to makeup and some non-beauty extras. The men’s box has everything from grooming essentials to lifestyle products and tech accessories. Another bonus is that if you fall in love with any of the products in their boxes, you can head over to their website to purchase them directly. Even better: when you join and shop, you start earning rewards that can be applied to full-size products or gifts. The Cost: $10/Month for the Women’s Box and $20/Month for the Men’s Box
2) Ipsy: Started by renowned YouTube Beauty Guru, Michelle Phan, this subscription box is focused on finding the products that are going to be best for you. The Scoop: Each month you will receive a “Glam Bag” (which is awesome if you love different cosmetic pouches…I know I do!) filled with deluxe samples and full-size products. Along with this, you receive a card describing the products you have received and a video of how to create looks out of that month’s selection. Your selection is determined by a quiz that you take upon becoming a subscriber so that each month can be customized to your style and preferences. The Cost: $10/Month
3) Pretty Box: A subscription company that delivers handmade items throughout the US. The Scoop: You have the choice between getting the Pretty Box-Mini or the Pretty Box–Full Size. The Mini Box contains 4-6 artisan products that are chosen by the their team. Products could range from edible treats to bath products to jewelry and more. The Full-Size Box contains 3-5 full-sized handmade products under the same categories as the Mini. All of the Full-Size Boxes are valued at $50 or more. The Cost: $15/Month for the Mini Box and $50/Month for the Full-Size Box
4) Julep Maven: The ultimate box if you love nail polish and other beauty products. The Scoop: Becoming a Julep Maven gives you access to color! Each month, you receive trend-setting nail polish, cult favorites, and cutting edge beauty products. Afraid to commit? Don’t worry, because each month they email you with your selections and you can skip a month at any time. Being a Julep Maven also requires that you take a style quiz so they can pick the best options for you. Another perk? You receive a 20% discount on Julep products…yes please! The Cost: $19.99+Shipping/Month but each month’s box is worth $40.
5) Glossybox: Said to be a beauty addict’s must-have…so naturally I need it! The Scoop: Every month you receive five surprise luxury products. Their goal is to turn Beauty Subscribers into Beauty Insiders. You start by choosing your box whether it be fashion forward, eco friendly, professonal, etc. then they send you the products from your favorite brands. Other good news? You can earn Glossydots by sharing feedback on what you’ve received. These points can be applied to getting free Glossyboxes! The Cost: $21/Month
6) Beauty Bar Sample Society: Luxury brands with expert advice. The Scoop: Sample Society with Allure means business. Each month you receive 5 deluxe samples from indie and prestige brands, an Allure mini-mag filled with tips and tricks, and a $15 Beauty Bar gift card to redeem on a $50 purchase (one of your samples). The samples are a curated mix of skin care, hair care, fragrance, and makeup. The Cost: $15/Month
7) Pop Sugar Must Have: Definitely a luxe box that would make any month feel like a birthday! The Scoop: Each month, you receive a box filled with fun, must-have items ranging from beauty to fashion and much more. The products included are full-size and premium products. Another bonus: each box is valued at $100 which helps you feel better about the steeper monthly subscription fee. The Cost: $35/Month but there are bundled subscription offers available that would offer savings
8) Loose Button: I am almost positive that this is only available in Canada right now (dang it), but based on their website, this looks amazing! The Scoop: Their mission is to help consumers better discover, try and purchase quality beauty and lifestyle products through a unique experience. This is is a seasonal subscription filled with 7-8 beauty and lifestyle products. Along with the products, members get access to exclusive events, product launches, beauty tips and tutorials to stay on trend. The Cost: Unfortunately, the membership link is not working on their website which depresses me…not only can I not find out if they offer their services to the US, but I can’t see how much it costs. Thumbs down…
9) Beauty Box 5: A box with a little bit of everything! The Scoop: Each month, you’ll receive a box filled with travel, deluxe, and full-size samples. These products range from luxury brands, common known brands, niche brands, eco-conscious brands and even vegan brands. The box really seems like it would fit anyone’s needs when it comes to discovering new beauty products. Another perk? You receive exclusive discounts with their beauty partners! The Cost: $12/Month
10: Beauty Army: A box that you choose..! The Scoop: Each month, choose up to six beauty products, and feel free to skip a month at any time. You start by taking a style quiz to determine your preferences and what you’d like to see in your box. After that, you choose which samples you’d like to try. This seems like a great option if you want control over what you’re receiving. The Cost: $12/Month
11) True Beauty Box: I almost stopped searching for different boxes when I stumbled across this one, and I just had to include it! The Scoop: This box contains three full-sizes beauty products, all organic and natural beauty products, and they have a program for vegan and gluten-free special needs. There are different styles of boxes that you choose and that is what determines the cost. This is a bi-monthly subscription, and their website lists which months they ship out. The Cost: $15Month depending on your box choices. This makes each box about $30-$40/box, but each box contains about $60-$80 worth of product–score!
Well there you have it. My top picks: Julep Maven, Glossybox, The Sample Society, True Beauty Box…and maybe Birchbox as well. You can never have too many samples, right? Clearly I am justifying my madness. Thank you, again, for reading. Please let me know what your thoughts are! XOXO